Any injury can become more complicated with a flare up of our lymphedema and lymphedema definitely makes it more difficult for our bodies to heal from cuts and wounds. This can put us at risk for cellulitis and no one wants to spend the holidays in the hospital.
Let’s be safe out there.
- Be aware of ice, especially black ice which isn’t easily seen. Walk carefully and make sure to wear good shoes/boots that fit the weather. You can always change when you reach your final destination.
- Dress in layers so you can control your body temperature and remove layers as needed.
- If you get your socks or clothing wet, make sure to change them. With lymphedema, you’re more prone to fungal infections and skin irritations from wet clothing.
- Don't forget your sunscreen and bug repellent.
- Check out this Wellness Mama’s link for some natural, do-it-yourself bug sprays: http://wellnessmama.com/2565/homemade-bug-spray/